The first double set of European Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup start on Thursday with Italy taking on Spain: we mark your card for six days of action in the Week of Football.
Article top media content
The European Qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup continue with 54 games in six days starting on Thursday when Italy hosting Spain.
• The nine group winners will advance directly to join Russia in the 32-team final tournament.
• The eight runners-up with the best record against the teams first, third, fourth and fifth in their groups procede to play-offs to decide the remaining four European berths.
Group D: Republic of Ireland v Georgia, Austria v Wales, Moldova v Serbia
Group G: FYR Macedonia v Israel, Liechtenstein v Albania, Italy v Spain
Group I: Turkey v Ukraine, Iceland v Finland, Kosovo v Croatia
Friday 7 October
• European champions Portugal look to bounce back from losing opener 2-0 in Switzerland.
• France aim to beat the only side to win last month in Group A, Bulgaria.
Group A: France v Bulgaria, Luxembourg v Sweden, Netherlands v Belarus
Group B: Portugal v Andorra, Latvia v Faroe Islands, Hungary v Switzerland
Group H: Estonia v Gibraltar, Greece v Cyprus, Belgium v Bosnia and Herzegovina
Saturday 8 October
• England face Malta under caretaker manager Gareth Southgate following Sam Allardyce's departure last week.
• Holders Germany look to continue winning start against the Czech Republic in Hamburg.
Sunday 9 October
• Italy play FYR Macedonia for the first time.
• Both Iceland v Turkey games in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying ended in home wins.
Monday 10 October
• It is the 25th meeting of the Netherlands and France, who won 3-2 at Amsterdam ArenA in March.
• Both UEFA EURO 2016 qualifiers between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Cyprus ended in away wins.
Group A: Netherlands v France, Sweden v Bulgaria, Belarus v Luxembourg
Group B: Faroe Islands v Portugal, Latvia v Hungary, Andorra v Switzerland
Group H: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Cyprus, Estonia v Greece, Gibraltar v Belgium
Tuesday 11 October
• Germany beat Northern Ireland 1-0 in the UEFA EURO group stage.
• England defeated Slovenia home and away in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying.
Group E: Kazakhstan v Romania
Group C: Norway v San Marino, Czech Republic v Azerbaijan, Germany v Northern Ireland
Group E: Poland v Armenia, Denmark v Montenegro
Group F: Slovakia v Scotland, Slovenia v England, Lithuania v Malta
• Next Week of Football: 11–13 November
Friday 11 November: England v Scotland, France v Sweden
Saturday 12 November: Croatia v Iceland, Austria v Republic of Ireland
Sunday 13 November: Luxembourg v Netherlands, Portugal v Latvia