England, Germany, France, Italy and Spain are among the winners so far in the last set of European Qualifiers for 2016, with Portugal one of the 16 teams in action on Sunday.
Article top media content
• The nine group winners will advance directly to join Russia in the 32-team FIFA World Cup final tournament.
• The eight runners-up with the best record against the teams first, third, fourth and fifth in their groups proceed to play-offs to decide the remaining four European berths.
Friday 11 November
• England overcame Scotland 3-0 in the 114th meeting between the sides, their first competitive encounter at the new Wembley.
• France rally from 1-0 down to beat Sweden in a game that was moved from Sunday, which is the anniversary of last year's Paris bombings.
Group A: France 2-1 Sweden
Group C: Czech Republic 2-1 Norway, Northern Ireland 4-0 Azerbaijan, San Marino 0-8 Germany
Group E: Romania 0-3 Poland, Denmark 4-1 Kazakhstan, Armenia 3-2 Montenegro
Group F: England 3-0 Scotland, Slovakia 4-0 Lithuania, Malta 0-1 Slovenia
Saturday 12 November
• Spain and Italy remain a point ahead of Israel, who won 3-0 against nine-man Albania
• Republic of Ireland and Croatia both move two points clear in their groups.
Group D: Austria 0-1 Republic of Ireland, Georgia 1-1 Moldova, Wales 1-1 Serbia
Group G: Spain 4-0 FYR Macedonia, Albania 0-3 Israel, Liechtenstein 0-4 Italy
Group I: Croatia 2-0 Iceland, Turkey 2-0 Kosovo, Ukraine 1-0 Finland
Sunday 13 November
• Switzerland, Belgium and Greece defend the only perfect records other than Germany's.
• The Netherlands will bid to close the gap on France and Sweden in Group A.
• Next Week of Football: 24–26 March
Friday 24 March: Italy v Albania, Republic of Ireland v Wales
Saturday 25 March: Portugal v Hungary, Belgium v Greece
Sunday 26 March: Romania v Denmark, Northern Ireland v Norway