Newcomers Scotland are among a record 46 UEFA Futsal EURO entrants; the contenders to join 2016 hosts Serbia will go into the preliminary and main round draws.
Article top media content
Scotland will enter their first UEFA Futsal EURO as debutants among a record 46 nations hoping to lift the trophy at Serbia 2016.
While the hosts are assured of a place in the finals from 2–13 February 2016 in Belgrade, the other 45 countries go into the qualifying draw at UEFA headquarters in Nyon from 14.00CET on 26 September, streamed live on UEFA.com. The 21 teams with the highest coefficients, including holders Italy, receive a bye to the main round, with the other 24 hopefuls starting in the preliminary round.
Preliminary round: 13–18 January 2015
• Six groups will be formed of four teams, all played as one-venue mini-tournaments.
• The contenders will be split into four seeding tiers according to their coefficient ranking. Six sides are designated as hosts and drawn from a separate pot, while being placed in their groups according to their seeding tier.
• The six group winners, plus the best runners-up, will advance to the main round.
Main round: 17–22 March 2015
• Seven groups of four will be formed.
• Again the sides will be divided into four seeding tiers, with the seven qualified teams from the preliminary round drawn in the fourth tier. The seven hosts are also pre-selected as per the preliminary round draw.
• The seven qualifying round group winners will progress to join Serbia in the final tournament. The seven runners-up plus the best third-placed team will enter the play-offs on 15 and 22 September 2015. The winners of the four two-legged ties will complete the 12-team lineup for the finals.
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo)
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)
Hosts to finals: Serbia