From UEFA’s 2020 Congress in Amsterdam to the decision to postpone all UEFA competitions including UEFA EURO 2020, the latest edition of our bi-monthly magazine reflects two footballing worlds: before and after the COVID-19 virus.
Article top media content
In this edition:
• Football waits… and shows its beating heart: UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin explains how UEFA has reacted to the unprecedented challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic – and expresses his pride at the spirit of solidarity shown across the European football community.
• COVID-19 timeline: Decision-by-decision chronology charting the March-April measures taken by UEFA to ensure the safety of everyone involved in European football.
• UEFA 2020 Congress in Amsterdam: We review the annual gathering of Europe’s football parliament, held at the start of March.
• Davor Šuker interview: The Croatian striker, now a UEFA Executive Committee member, looks back on his goal-laden playing career, discusses his work as Croatian Football Federation (HNS) president and explains how football is helping the nation cope with COVID-19.
Elsewhere in UEFA Direct 190
• Eat for Victory: What’s the best way to feed a footballer? We find out how sports science and cultural habits both play a crucial role.
• Veterans’ football and its growth across Europe.
• UEFA and the Centre for Access to Football in Europe (CAFE) celebrate ten successful years in partnership.
• Positioning football as a strategic partner: How the UEFA Grow public affairs pillar supports UEFA member associations in building sustainable partnerships with government institutions.
• News in brief from the 55 UEFA member associations