The UEFA President represents UEFA and chairs the UEFA Congress, as well as meetings of the UEFA Executive Committee. In the event of a tie in any vote, the president has the casting vote.
The UEFA president is responsible for:
• Relations between UEFA and the world football body FIFA
• Relations between UEFA and other continental confederations
• Relations between UEFA and its member associations
• Relations between UEFA and political bodies and international organisations
• Implementing the decisions of the UEFA Congress and the UEFA Executive Committee through the UEFA administration
• Supervising the work of the UEFA administration
In carrying out these responsibilities, the UEFA President consults with the UEFA Executive Committee. In the absence of the UEFA President, the first UEFA vice-president assumes his powers and duties.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.