The fascinating world of football coaches and the coaching profession features alongside the game’s current tactical and technical trends in the latest collection of articles from UEFA’s coaching publication.
Article top media content
Coaches play a crucial role in football’s development – striving to produce good football players and build high-quality teams. At the important grassroots level, they serve as guides, mentors and motivators for footballers of all ages and standards.
The work of coaches at Europe’s higher levels is reflected in the pages of The Technician, UEFA’s publication for the coaching community which is included as a supplement in each edition of the official UEFA magazine UEFA Direct.
Information, inspiration and knowledge
The Technician has excelled for many years as a vehicle for information and advice for coaches, as well as providing an invaluable source of inspiration. It also enriches the knowledge of fans who take an interest in football’s technical and tactical developments.
Each year, UEFA collects articles which have appeared in The Technician to produce a comprehensive compilation that puts the spotlight on coaches, the coaching profession and the philosophies and visions that mark this fascinating sector of the game.
The 2019/20 compilation of The Technician - covering articles published between January 2020 and January 2021 - is available in English, French and German and covers a wide range of topics, including:
• In-depth review of fitness/injury issues and training schedules in Covid times;
• How national team coaches prepare for the European Under-17 European Championship;
• The evolution of UEFA’s technical reports and the role of the UEFA technical observers;
• Analysis: 2019/20 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League trends
• The importance of nutrition for a footballer
• Former Republic of Ireland international Robbie Keane talks about the transition from playing to coaching