116 – UEFA Executive Committee decisions Ljubljana
The UEFA Executive Committee took the following decisions on the second day of its meeting held in Ljubljana, Slovenia:
• To accept the admission of the Montenegro FA as a provisional member
• To postpone the decision on the provisional membership of the Gibraltar FA to its 7/8 December session in order to examine new documents which were submitted shortly before the meeting. This postponement however does not affect anyone adversely since no competitions are scheduled between now and the December session.
• Following the advice of the Independent European Sports Review, the Committee approved the new enhanced version of the UEFA Club Licensing regulations.
• A standard player contract negotiated under the European Social Dialogue between UEFA, the European Professional Football Leagues and FIFPro was approved.
• Two special annual instalments of 600'000 CHF each will be allocated to all national associations under the Hat Trick programme.
The UEFA Executive Committee had decided yesterday to award the UEFA Champions League finals in 2008 and 2009 to the Luzhniki stadium in Moscow and the Olimpico stadium in Rome respectively and the UEFA Cup finals in 2008 and 2009 to the City of Manchester stadium and the Sükrü Saracoglu stadium in Istanbul respectively.
The UEFA Executive Committee had decided to award the hosting of the UEFA European Under-21 Championship 2009 to Sweden.
Finally the UEFA Executive Committee had also decided to postpone the decision on the appointment of the hosts for the UEFA EURO 2012 to its 17/18 April meeting.
For further information
UEFA Media & Public Relations:+41 848 04 27 27
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.