Wales round-up: Top two finish goalless

TNS Llansantffraid FC remained on course for the League of Wales as they drew 0-0 with Barry Town AFC.

TNS Llansantffraid FC remained on course for the League of Wales title as they drew 0-0 with nearest challengers Barry Town AFC.

Three-point gap
The match was not short of goalscoring opportunities, Lee Phillips going closest for Barry late on, but the result leaves Llanffransaid, still unbeaten after 19 matches, three points clear with two games in hand.

'We deserved a point'
After the game, Llanffransaid manager Ken McKenna said: "We deserved a point. After losing Steve Anthrobus through injury we kept our discipline and composure - we also maintained our shape well. This result keeps our unbeaten run going."

'So disappointing'
However, Barry manager Kenny Brown countered: "This was so disappointing. We did not create enough going forward. We just did not hit the target."

Jeffries double
Third-placed Bangor City FC moved into sight of Barry with a 4-1 victory at Welshpool Town AFC. Ross Jeffries scored twice along with goals from Alan Goodall and former Welsh international Simon Davies to ensure Ben Kinsey's strike was no more than a consolation.

Summers strikes
Afan Lido FC lost ground on the top three as they were beaten 2-1 by Cwmbran Town FC - Chris Summers scored both goals for Cwmbran.

Caersws travel well
Aberystwyth Town FC also suffered a disappointing defeat, losing 3-1 at home to Caersws FC on Friday. Sean Jehu was on target twice for the visitors, who also scored through Andy Davies.

Delight for Rhyl
Rhyl FC made up ground on the top five as they beat Carmarthen Town AFC 3-0. The game was goalless at half-time, but an Andy Moran double and another from Chris McGinn settled the match.

Llanelli adrift
Bottom-placed Llanelli FC are now four points adrift, losing 2-1 to Newtown AFC - both of whose goals game from late penalties - as Haverfordwest County AFC earned a 1-1 draw with Oswestry Town FC, and Carmarthen Town AFC beat Port Talbot Town FC 2-1. Elsewhere, Connah's Quay Nomads FC overcame Flexys Cefn Druids AFC 4-1.