Wales round-up: Llansantffraid go clear

TNS Llansantffraid FC beat Flexys Cefn Druids AFC 2-0 to go three points clear at the top.

TNS Llansantffraid FC moved three points clear at the top of the League of Wales with a 2-0 victory over Flexys Cefn Druids AFC on Tuesday night.

Gedman strikes
Flexys stubbornly held out until the 55th minute when a Paul Gedman strike broke the deadlock. The points were then secured by Nicky Ward's goal eight minutes later.

Bangor close in
Bangor City FC closed the gap on second-placed Barry Town AFC with a 2-1 win over Connah's Quay Nomads FC. Bangor's win leaves them just five points adrift of Barry and eight behind Llansantffraid.

Lloyd-Williams winner
Connah's Quay took the lead seven minutes before the break through Craig Hutchinson's goal but Bangor levelled matters from the penalty spot on the hour. Marc Lloyd-Williams then struck the winning goal with eleven minutes remaining.

Battle at the bottom
At the other end of the table, Llanelli FC beat Haverfordwest County AFC 3-2 thanks to a last-minute goal from Andy Hill. The win sees Llanelli overtake Haverfordwest who now occupy bottom place. Eston Chiverton put Haverfordwest in front after just 13 minutes, only for Jeff Aspell and then Anthony Wright to turn the advantage Llanelli's way. Chris Miller looked to have gained the visitors a point with an 81st-minute equaliser but Hill had the final say.

Crucial penalty
In the night's other matches, an early goal from Kevin Leech for mid-table Oswestry Town FC was cancelled out by Steve Devonald and a penalty from Nigel Nicholas as Carmarthen Town AFC won 2-1 to move up to 13th place, while an own goal from Port Talbot FC's Jason Bird gave Aberystwyth Town FC a 1-0 victory which sees them hold on to fourth.

Moran winner
Meanwhile, third from bottom Welshpool Town AFC earned a goalless home draw with sixth-placed Afan Lido FC, while Andy Moran struck a 27th-minute winner for fifth-placed Rhyl FC in their match with Caernarfon Town FC.