UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Hungary round-up: Zalaegerszeg in command

Zalaegerszegi TE took a giant step towards the title with Saturday's 4-2 win at MTK Hungária FC.

Zalaegerszegi TE took a giant step towards the title with a 4-2 win at MTK Hungária FC.

Key win
Péter Bozsik's side won convincingly at their main title rivals' stadium in Budapest despite going a goal behind after 29 minutes. A swift passing move saw Béla Illés play the ball to Ákos Füzi, who teed it up for Gábor Zavadszky to score from 12 metres.

Red card
Zalaegerszeg were on level terms two minutes before the break as Darko Ljubojevic headed a goal from a free-kick, and a miscued clearance by MTK defender Levente Horváth put the visitors 2-1 up after 60 minutes. Gábor Egressy made it 3-1 with another header three minutes later, and Ákos Buzsáky's dismissal for a second yellow card a minute later spelled doom for the home side.

Scant consolation
Substitute midfield player Ferenc Róth made it 4-1 after he saw his 20-metre shot rattle the crossbar but found time and space to score from the rebound, and a Roland Juhász goal in stoppage time from Illés's pass was scant consolation for MTK.

Lipcsei inspired Ferencváros
Ferencvárosi TC moved into second place after a 2-1 win at Videoton FCF. Péter Várhidi's Videoton side started better with Krisztián Tímár scoring in the 22th minute, but Péter Lipcsei equalised from the penalty spot after 43 minutes and the same player's cross led to Marek Penksa's winner for Ferencváros after 54 minutes.

Joy for Dunaferr
Elsewhere in the championship group, Dunaferr SE beat Újpesti TE 2-1 at the Megyeri úti stadium. Serbian Dejan Poljakovic opened the scoring for Újpest in the fifth minute but Henrik Rósa equalised for Dunaferr just before half-time, and Attila Tököli's 26th goal of the season in the 53th minute proved to be the winner.

Vasas relegated
In the relegation section, Vasas SC were relegated from the NB I after a harrowing 6-3 defeat at Debreceni VSC, while in another high-scoring game, a Marius Sasu goal deep into added time earned Lajos Détári's Kispest Honvéd FC side a 3-3 draw against MFC Sopron.