Pro bono counsels renewal
Friday, February 4, 2022
Article top media content
As part of UEFA's commitment to guaranteeing the rights of individuals bound by the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations who lack the financial means to properly defend themselves in disciplinary proceedings, on 1 June 2017 the UEFA Executive Committee approved the concepts of legal aid and pro bono counsel. Following this approval, a list of lawyers was appointed in March 2018 to serve as pro bono counsel for a term of four years.
As the term is close to its end, UEFA is pleased to renew the commitment and, therefore, invites applications from appropriately qualified lawyers who wish to feature on this list. In order to be eligible for selection on UEFA's list of pro bono counsel, candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of UEFA's rules and regulations.
- Be licensed to practise law in at least one national jurisdiction of UEFA's member associations.
- Have a minimum of five years of professional experience in the legal field, preferably with contentious experience in sports disciplinary, integrity and/or regulatory matters.
- Be able to demonstrate their availability and flexibility in order to give attention to any UEFA matter in which they are appointed.
- Be independent and have no pre-existing relationship with or official function at UEFA or on any UEFA disciplinary body or committee.
- Have no criminal convictions and no record of professional misconduct.
- Have a good level of English. French and German language skills would be an asset.
All pro bono counsel will be appointed for a term of four years and will be required to act in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and honesty at all times in the performance of their duties.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements must submit a motivation letter, together with their CV, to UEFA at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 25 February 2022 at the latest.
More details about the application and the description of the pro bono counsel can be found here.