Discover how UEFA events reflect our football & sustainability policies.
Article top media content
All UEFA events should reflect the principles and practices set out in our human rights and environmental policies.
UEFA Football Sustainability Strategy 2030 action points:
- Measure, reduce, and offset the environmental impact of UEFA events
- Ensure our event sustainability priorities are an integral part of event bidding requirements and local organising structure plans
- Deliver a safe, healthy and welcoming environment for all our club and major national team competitions
- Set a new benchmark for zero-impact sports events through UEFA's sustainable event management system
- In September 2022, the UEFA Circular Economy Guidelines were unveiled as part of the goal of achieving zero plastic and food waste at UEFA events by 2030
- In November 2022, the UEFA Sustainable Infrastructure Guidelines were launched, setting criteria and sharing best practices for a new generation of sustainable football venues