• League champions FC Banants claimed their first Armenian Super Cup with a 3-0 victory against FC Pyunik.
• Cup winners Pyunik had won all four previous Super Cup clashes between the sides, but an injury depleted lineup failed to earn a fifth success.
• Valter Poghosyan scored from distance to put Zsolt Hornyak's side ahead before Gevorg Nranyan headed a second five minutes before the interval.
• Banants – fifth in the Armenian Premier League – rounded off the win against their second-placed opponents thanks to Garegin Mashumyan's first goal of the season on the stroke of half-time.
— Banants Yerevan (@BanantsFC) September 24, 2014
• "I'm very pleased that Banants won the Super Cup regardless of our opponents' lineup," said Hornyak after his side lifted the trophy. "I always motivate my team to go for the win and I am glad that it worked out."
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.