FC Schalke 04 lie eight points outside of the top four in Germany after being held to a 0-0 draw at FC Augsburg, before Hertha BSC Berlin overcame SC Paderborn 07 2-0.
Article top media content
• FC Schalke 04 and FC Augsburg remain a point apart in Bundesliga after a 0-0 draw.
• Fifth-placed Schalke lie eight points shy of a UEFA Champions League berth.
• Hosts Augsburg, in sixth, fail to get a first win in three games to leapfrog the visitors.
• Hertha BSC Berlin climb up to 11th by overcoming SC Paderborn 07 2-0.
• Goals from Valentin Stocker and Nico Schulz lift the hosts seven points above drop zone.
• Second-bottom Paderborn have lost five of their last six Bundesliga outings.