Cristiano Ronaldo's exploits against Granada CF on Sunday contributed to Real Madrid CF's first nine-goal performance since 1967. They also added a few notable achievements to the 30-year-old's haul of records.
• It was the first time in his professional career that Ronaldo had scored five goals in a competitive game.
• He is the first player to score five in a match for Madrid since Fernando Morientes did so against UD Las Palmas in a 7-0 thrashing on 10 February 2002.
• His second goal moved him clear of Lionel Messi at the top of the Liga scoring charts – he has now registered 36 to Messi's 32 and is eight points clear of his only realistic rival for the ESM Golden Shoe.
• His first three goals came inside eight minutes – the fastest Liga hat-trick of the season and Ronaldo's quickest, too.
• Ronaldo's fifth of the afternoon was his 300th goal for the Merengues. Only Alfredo Di Stéfano and Rául González had previously reached that mark for Madrid.
• Ronaldo has also equalled Messi's record of 24 Liga hat-tricks.
— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) April 5, 2015
• Emiliano Butragueño, former Madrid striker: "These five goals from Ronaldo demonstrate how great a player he is.”
• Karim Benzema, Madrid striker: "Ronaldo is a phenomenon. He always tries to help the team. I'm very happy for him – he deserves all of this."
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.