Caersws lead the way

Caersws FC knocked TNS Llanfantffaid FC out of the Welsh Cup in a shock-free third-round weekend.

Caersws FC took centre stage as they knocked out TNS Llanfantffaid FC to go through to the fourth round of the Welsh Cup on Sunday.

Evans above
A second-half Graham Evans penalty put paid to the cup hopes of the visitors, who had two men sent off. In the last 16, Caersws will take on Bangor City FC, who defeated Halkyn United FC 6-0 at Farrar Road. Ross Jeffries blasted four goals in 28 second-half minutes for Bangor, with former Manchester United FC midfield player Simon Davies and Ricky Evans also getting on the scoresheet.

Mutton's tough
Connah's Quay Nomads FC also progressed thanks to a spot-kick, Tommy Mutton keeping his cool against Newtown AFC, while League of Wales champions Barry Town AFC ran out 4-0 winners against Aberaman Athletic FC. Kenny Brown's men were cruising 2-0 by the interval after Lawrence Davies and Gary Wright hit the target, then Richard Kennedy and Andrew York completed the scoring.

Deadly Dean
Elsewhere, Oswestry Town FC beat FC Glantraeth by the odd goal in three - Peter Crane and James Dean finding the net. Haverfordwest County FC beat Garw Athletic FC 3-1 in the Bridgend Valley - Rhys Griffiths, Simon Heald and Tony Wallis getting the goals.

Stars fall
There was no shock at Treowen either with Caermarthen Town AFC ejecting Treowen Stars 4-0. Tim Hicks chalked up a triple before the break and Leigh Thomas grabbed the fourth after the interval for Tomi Morgan's side.

Lex lose
On the north-west coast, Aberystwyth Town beat Lex XI 6-0, setting up a last-16 encounter with Port Talbot Town FC with early goals from Gari Lewis and Mark Duchett getting them on their way. Lex's Laurie Briggs saw red for dissent shortly after half-time before the floodgates opened.

Moore merrier
There were no upsets at Cwmbran Town FC and Rhyl FC either - beating Cwmamman AFC and Penrhyncoch FC 3-1 and 2-1 respectively. For Cwmbran, Dan Davies's reply cancelled out Anthony White's opener just before the break, then Adam Moore and Mattie Davies wrapped up the scoring. Andy Moran was Rhyl's hero, scoring twice despite missing a penalty.