Wales round-up: Llansantffraid lead the way

A 2-0 victory over Welshpool Town AFC gave TNS Llansantffraid FC a six-point advantage at the summit.

A 2-0 victory over Welshpool Town AFC gave TNS Llansantffraid FC a six-point advantage at the top of the League of Wales on Thursday.

Taylor on target
Chris Taylor set the leaders on their way with the opener after 30 minutes before Steve Evans doubled the lead from the penalty spot after 65 minutes. Llansantffraid, who have yet to be beaten in the league, are now six points clear of Barry Town AFC and that could be improved further still if they win their game in hand.

Bangor keep pace
Lee Hunt scored twice to help third-placed Bangor City FC to a 3-1 home win over Caernarfon Town FC. Ross Jeffries gave Bangor the lead two minutes before the break but Caernarfon hit back five minutes after the restart through Frank Mottram. However, Bangor were not to be denied and Hunt put them back in front 16 minutes from time before wrapping the points up with his second in the 89th minute.

Six points
The win moves Bangor back to within six points of Barry, who they also have a game in hand on, but they are still a massive 12 points adrift of the leaders.

Three red cards
Afan Lido FC remain level with Bangor on 35 points after claiming a 2-0 win over Port Talbot Town FC in a match that saw three dismissals. Afan Lido took the lead after 18 minutes through Shaun O'Leary but looked to have lost the initiative when they had Justin Williams sent off just six minutes later.

Bartley goal
Port Talbot were unable to make the extra man count and their hopes of salvaging something from the game all but disappeared when they had Wayne Savage and Rob Folland sent off in the space of two minutes during the second half. Afan Lido then secured their tenth win of the season late on when Kevin Bartley converted from the penalty spot.

Joy for Carmarthen and Caersws
Elsewhere Carmarthen Town AFC and Caersws FC both claimed 2-0 away wins, beating Haverfordwest County AFC and Newtown AFC respectively, while Flexys Cefn Druids AFC and Oswestry Town FC shared the points in a goalless draw.