UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Dream start for Ligue du Maine

Ligue du Maine Amateur won 8-3 in their opening game against Szabolcs Gabona Csoport Amateur.

A Jonas Missaye hat-trick crowned a superb 8-3 opening day win for Ligue du Maine Amateur against Szabolcs Gabona Csoport Amateur.

First treble
The lightning-fast striker scooped the first treble of the tournament to add to the four goals he scored in the qualifying rounds to leave the French side at the top of Group B after the first round of games in the sweltering heat of Wangen's Allgäustadion.

Early goal
They were one goal ahead after nine minutes as Missaye supplied the ball for captain Anthony Guyard to beat Gábor Pallai in the Hungarian side's goal, and it was 2-0 five minutes later as Sébastien Bigarret finished from the penalty spot after Mathieu Debonne was upended in the area.

Fine finish
Szabolcs had barely had a chance on goal before it was 3-0, as a mistake by defender Árpád Ambrusz allowed Bigarret to steal through on goal and roll the ball under Pallai.

No relief
The second half saw little relief for Szabolcs despite the tireless defensive play of Zsolt Márocz. Missaye plundered his first of the afternoon from the penalty spot after 49 minutes, and was then gifted a second after 55 minutes as Bigarret drew the goalkeeper and unselfishly passed for his team-mate to finish.

Missaye hat-trick
Missaye completed his treble one minute later, heading past Pallai from Guyard's cross, but despite being 6-0 down, Szabolcs were not about to give up, scoring perhaps the best goal of the game as captain János Dóra beat Sébstien Monce with a curling free-kick David Beckham would have been proud of.

Hopes dashed
Dóra inspired dreams of a Hungarian revival as he headed a second goal from a raking István Kerekes cross, but their hopes were soon dashed as Guyard laid the ball off for Debonne to make it 7-2 with a low drive after 75 minutes.

Pride restored
Substitute Jamel Raiani then made it 8-2 to the French side, but Norbert Szilágyi restored some pride for György Koleszár's side, heading the ball past the diving Monce from a right-wing corner after 78 minutes.

'A very strange match'
The final scoreline may have been harsh on the Hungarians, who toiled hard, and Ligue du Maine coach René Logie told uefa.com: "It was a very strange match. Even when we were four or five goals up we were not at ease."