Date of birth: 24 January 1965
Playing career: SpVgg Hirschlanden, TSV Korntal (twice), TSV Münchingen, FV Zuffenhausen, SKV Rutesheim, TSG Leonberg
Coaching career: TSG Leonberg (player-coach), TSF Ditzingen, Stuttgarter Kickers (reserves), Stuttgarter Kickers, SC Freiburg, Bayer 04 Leverkusen
• One of the new breed of German coaches whose second career has eclipsed modest playing days, Dutt rose through the ranks of several clubs in southern Germany as he methodically learned his trade.
• From 1995 to 1999 he was player-coach at non-league Leonberg, whom he led to promotion before taking over Ditzingen's reserves, becoming coach of their first team, then in the fourth tier, in 2000. Two years later accepted the offer to take charge of the reserve side of former Bundesliga outfit Stuttgarter Kickers, stepping up to the third tier and the first team a year later.
• Awarded the UEFA Pro Licence as top of his class in 2005, the same year he guided Stuttgarter Kickers to the first of successive victories in the regional Württemberg Cup. Thus qualified for the first round of the national trophy, his side duly knocked out Hamburger SV in September 2006.
• Having already been linked with several higher-profile clubs, Dutt took over Freiburg in summer 2007, finishing fifth in the 2. Bundesliga in his first season before winning the division, and promotion to the top flight, a year later.
• Took Freiburg to 14th position in the Bundesliga in 2009/10 and led the club to sixth place at the halfway stage of the following campaign; they eventually finished ninth, earning Dutt the chance to take charge of Leverkusen.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|