RULES OF THE GAME
Organisation of the Game
- These Rules apply to the free game without obligation of purchase named “UEFA.com GOAL OF THE SEASON 2018/19” (hereinafter: “the Game”), which is run by the Union des Associations Européennes de Football (“UEFA”, “We”, “Our”), a Swiss association that is located at 46 route de Genève, 1260 Nyon 2, Switzerland.
- The Game will take place between 12pm CEST on July 26 2019 and 12pm CEST on August 9 2019 and will be available on the website [UEFA.com] (the "Website(s)").
- Entry and participation are free.
- The Game is open to residents in any territory of UEFA’s fifty five (55) member national associations, with the exception of UEFA members of staff and members of staff of companies involved in developing the Game.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to participate in the Game.
- Every application to participate in the Game must be made by a natural person (“Participant”, “You”, “Your”) by registering on the Website.
- In order to access the Website and to register for the Game, You are required to fill in personal details. By registering, You represent and warrant that the information You include as part of the access process is accurate and not misleading. Access may be obtained and used only by individual, independent persons who are eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in their country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18).
- In respect of Your access to and use of the Website and participation in the Game, You agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself; and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Your personal data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If You provide, or UEFA has reasonable grounds to suspect that You have provided, any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or UEFA otherwise reasonably considers that You have failed to comply with any provisions of these Terms, UEFA has the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your access and refuse You access to any and all current or future use of the UEFA Platforms (or any portion thereof).
- When You enter and participate in the Game, You are bound to accept that you must participate in the Game in accordance with these Rules and the Terms and Conditions of the Website, available at http://www.uefa.com/termsconditions/index.html
- To enter the Game and try his/her luck at winning, the Participant must:
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
MECHANICS OF THE GAME
- visit the Website; and
- create a personal account on UEFA.com by 12pm CEST on August 9 2019, completing the compulsory fields of the entry form (i.e. email, password, date of birth, first name & last name).
- By clicking on the “Submit” button, the Participant confirms his/her registration, confirms having read and expressly accepted the conditions of the Terms and Conditions as well as these Rules and becomes eligible to enter the draw and to attempt to win the prize described hereunder. UEFA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Game at any time and for any reason.
- The prizes shall be for the winner and his/her guest only. The winner and his/her guest must be available to travel on the mentioned dates. The guest must be eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in their country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18).
- The Game is made up of the following prize:
- two (2) tickets to a 2019/20 UEFA Champions League group stage match of the winner’s choice;
- flights from the winner’s home city to the city where the match is being played;
- transportation to and from the hotel and to and from the match in the city where the match is being played;
- accommodation in the city where the match is being played for the night of the match.
- To the extent permissible by applicable laws, UEFA does not accept any responsibility or liability in relation to Participants’ participation in the Game and/or use or misuse of any prize awarded (including any use of the prizes by people who are unsuitable due to age or physical/mental conditions).
- On August 12 2019 at 12pm CEST, UEFA will select, at its sole discretion, one (1) winner.
- The designation of the winner will happen once his/her eligibility for the prize has been verified. The winner will be notified immediately after being selected via email correspondence on the day of the prize draw.
- The winner will have forty eight (48) hours to respond via email in order to accept and claim his/her prize. If no response is provided within forty eight (48) hours, a new winner will be selected.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Selection of THE winner
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by UEFA and the prize will be declared null and void.
- UEFA will not be held responsible for the winner and/or his/her guest not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
- Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising such Game. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
- For the avoidance of doubt, use of the prize is supplied subject to the relevant third party service providers’ terms and conditions (e.g. in relation to flights, train travel, accommodation and match tickets).
- The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming a prize are the responsibility of the winner. Any and all applicable taxes or duties in relation to the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner and his/her guest shall comply with any and all UEFA’s instructions. UEFA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to withdraw prize entitlement if any party fails to comply with the directions given by UEFA or the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public.
- The winner and his/her guest shall have a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of travel. Any necessary visas , health and travel insurance or vaccinations are the responsibility of the winner and his/her guests.
- The personal data requested to enter the Game is necessary to make and handle Your participation and/or to be able to award the prize. This information is registered and kept by UEFA in a database whose server is hosted by a third-party and located outside Switzerland. UEFA is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
- IF YOU SUBMIT PERSONAL DATA ON BEHALF OF OR FOR OTHERS, YOU CONFIRM HAVING INFORMED THE DATA SUBJECT OF THE CONTENT OF THESE RULES PRIOR TO DATA CAPTURE. YOU ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF INFORMING EACH PERSON OR ENTITY OF THESE RULES AND PROCEDURES. UEFA IS ENTITLED TO REQUIRE AT ANY TIME EVIDENCE OF THE PROVISION OF SUCH INFORMATION.
- The personal data gathered is only collected and processed by UEFA and /or the third parties for no longer than is necessary for handling Your request/the above requirements, unless otherwise provided by law.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- These Rules and the relationship between You and UEFA shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland. All disputes in connection with these Rules shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nyon, Switzerland.