RULES OF THE GAME
“UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - JOIN THE CHAMPIONS”
ORGANISATION OF THE GAME
1. These Rules apply to the free game without obligation of purchase named “Join the Champions: Inspire your club and win the UCL match experience” (hereinafter: “the Game”), which is run by the Union des Associations Européennes de Football (“UEFA”, “We”, “Our”), a Swiss association that is located at 46 route de Genève, 1260 Nyon 2, Switzerland.
2. The Game will take place between 10am CET on Thursday 15th November 2018 and 5pm CET on Monday 3rd December 2018 and will be available on the website www.uefa.com/championsleague (the "Website(s)").
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
3. Entry and participation are free.
4. The Game is open to residents in any territory of UEFA’s fifty five (55) member national associations, India and Brazil, with the exception of UEFA members of staff and members of staff of companies involved in developing the Game.
5. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to participate in the Game. UEFA will not knowingly allow children under the age of eighteen (18) to register to the Game .
6. Every application to participate in the Game must be made by a natural person (“Participant”, “You”, “Your”) by registering on the Website.
7. In order to access the Website and to register for the Game, You are required to fill in personal details. By registering, You represent and warrant that the information You include as part of the access process is accurate and not misleading. Access may be obtained and used only by: (i) individual, independent persons who are eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in their country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18); (ii) those individuals whose registration has been authorised either by their parents or legal guardian if they are below the legal age in their respective country of residence; or (iii) individuals with the right and authority to act on behalf of an organisation or entity for the purposes of accessing and using the Website.
8. In respect of Your access to and use of the Website and participation in the Game, You agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself; and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Your personal data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If You provide, or UEFA has reasonable grounds to suspect that You have provided, any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or UEFA otherwise reasonably considers that You have failed to comply with any provisions of these Terms, UEFA has the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your access and refuse You access to any and all current or future use of the UEFA Platforms (or any portion thereof).
9. When You enter and participate in the Game, You are bound to accept that you must participate in the Game in accordance with these Rules and the Terms and Conditions of the Website, available at http://www.uefa.com/termsconditions/index.html
10. By submitting a text message in the participation form, You confirm that
- You agree that UEFA may use the message in any UEFA marketing and promotional materials and use Your first name in relation to it; and
- UEFA is entitle to modify, extract and change part of the message.
MECHANICS OF THE GAME
11. To enter the Game and try his/her luck at winning, the Participant must:
• Visit the Website; and
• Register and fill in the compulsory fields of the entry form (i.e. first name, email address, date of birth).
12. By clicking on the “Submit/Enter me to Win” button, the Participant confirms his/her registration, confirms having read and expressly accepted the conditions of the Terms and Conditions as well as these Rules and becomes eligible to enter the draw and to attempt to win the prize described hereunder. UEFA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Game at any time and for any reason.
13. The Game is made up of the following prize:
- Flight or train ticket and overnight accommodation to Valencia, Spain for two (2) people for the night of 12th December 2018; and
- Two (2) tickets to the UEFA Champions League match Valencia v Manchester United on 12th December 2018.
To the extent permissible by applicable laws, UEFA does not accept any responsibility or liability in relation to Participants’ participation in the Game and/or use or misuse of any prize awarded.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER
14. On 3rd December 2018 at 6pm CET, UEFA will select, at its sole discretion, the best and most inspiring message from the messages submitted by fans in the entry form and declare that one (1) message to be the winning one. The winning message will be displayed together with the name of the Participant that created it on the stadium screen during the pre-match show.
15. The designation of the winner will happen once his/her eligibility for the prize has been verified. The winner will be notified immediately after being selected via email correspondence on the day of the draw. The winner will have forty eight (48) hours to respond via email in order to accept and claim their prize. If no response is provided within forty eight (48) hours, a new winner will be selected.
16. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by UEFA and the prize will be declared null and void.
18. UEFA will not be held responsible for the winners and/or guests not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
19. Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising such Game. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, use of the prize is supplied subject to the relevant third party service providers’ terms and conditions (e.g. in relation to flights, train travel, accommodation and match tickets).
21. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming a prize are the responsibility of the winner. Any and all applicable taxes or duties in relation to the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
23. The personal data requested to enter the Game is necessary to make and handle Your participation and/or to be able to award the prize. This information is registered and kept by UEFA in a database whose server is hosted by a third-party and located outside Switzerland. UEFA is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
24. The personal data gathered is only collected and processed by UEFA and /or this third party for no longer than is necessary for handling Your request/the above requirements, unless otherwise provided by law.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
25. These Rules and the relationship between You and UEFA shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland. All disputes in connection with these Rules shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nyon, Switzerland.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.