- United finish Group A unbeaten and top the pile
- Shakhtar take UEFA Europa League place
- Jones volley enough for United
- United seal first hat-trick of group stage home wins since 2007/08
- Moyes's charges await round of 16 draw on 16 December
Article top media content
United have to try to win trophies, that's the job. The teams in this cup are very good and we need to try and get better as the tournament goes on.David Moyes, Manchester United managerWe lost to our opponents both physically and mentally after the break. We did not have the same team in the second half.
Mircea Lucescu, Shakhtar coach