Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Roger Schmidt says the pressure is on FC Zenit after his side's 2-0 win on matchday three, André Villas-Boas describing the Group C game as "important".
Article top media content
• Group C leaders Leverkusen are two points ahead of third-placed Zenit
• Leverkusen defeated Zenit 2-0 in Germany on matchday three
• Werkself coach Roger Schmidt is hoping for a repeat performance
• Schmidt says Zenit are "under pressure" to get a result
• André Villas-Boas wants Zenit to "be among the top ten clubs in Europe"
Zenit: Lodygin; Anyukov, Garay, Lombaerts, Criscito; Witsel, Javi García, Shatov; Danny, Kerzhakov, Hulk.
• Out: Fayzulin (knee)
• Doubtful: Smolnikov (foot)
Leverkusen: Leno; Jedvaj, Toprak, Spahić, Boenisch; Bender, Çalhanoğlu; Bellarabi, Brandt, Son, Kiessling.
• Out: Wendell (suspended), Castro (thigh), Reinartz (eye), Rolfes (match fitness), Papadopoulos (shoulder)
• Doubtful: Boenisch (heel)
André Villas-Boas, Zenit coach
As with the previous match, we have to keep in mind all of Leverkusen's strengths. In the first half [in Germany] we played well. Leverkusen exerted strong pressure and had more possession. We need to be more aggressive, to control the ball and the game.
We were strong in the transfer market [in the summer], buying two big players, so we showed our ambitions. Our goal is to be among the top ten clubs in Europe. At the same time, we must live in the present. We want to beat Leverkusen and be in first place in the group. Do not forget that they are very strong, so tomorrow will be a very important match.
We are very pleased with what [Aleksandr] Kerzhakov has shown in recent matches. I hope he will continue to play in the same spirit, which will benefit Zenit.
Roger Schmidt, Leverkusen coach
Games in the Bundesliga and the Champions League are different – it makes no sense to compare them. We know Zenit are a great team. We also know Zenit are under pressure and that they need to win this game after losing in Germany. That will have an impact on this match. We trained at home because it was more comfortable. Our performance in the first match against Zenit was as we had planned. My players showed strong individual skills and good team play.
Form guide (all competitions)
• Which German side eliminated Zenit in last season's round of 16? Find out in our extensive match background.