Juventus, AS Monaco FC and FC Basel 1893 – at Liverpool FC's expense – took the three last-16 places on offer on Tuesday as Groups A–D ended with Real Madrid CF on 18 points.
Article top media content
• Basel draw 1-1 at ten-man Liverpool to pip the Reds to the round of 16
• Monaco beat Zenit 2-0 to go through and win Group C ahead of Levekusen
• Juventus progress with 0-0 draw against Group A winners Atlético, denying Olympiacos
• Dortmund draw with Anderlecht to top Group D despite Arsenal victory at Galatasaray
• Madrid defeat Ludogorets to become the sixth team to finish on a perfect 18 points
Draw: 12.00CET, Monday
Confirmed group winners: Club Atlético de Madrid, Real Madrid CF, AS Monaco FC, Borussia Dortmund, FC Bayern München, Chelsea FC, FC Porto
Qualified and can win group: Paris Saint-Germain, FC Barcelona
Confirmed runners-up: Juventus, FC Basel 1893, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Arsenal FC, FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Can qualify on Wednesday: AS Roma, Manchester City FC or PFC CSKA Moskva; Sporting Clube de Portugal or FC Schalke 04
Confirmed in UEFA Europa League: Olympiacos FC, Liverpool FC, FC Zenit, RSC Anderlecht
Follow the match links for reports, reaction and, from midnight CET, highlights (until 24.00CET on Wednesday).
Olympiacos FC 4-2 Malmö FF
• Olympiacos needed Juventus to lose so, although two late goals secured victory, they transfer to the UEFA Europa League.
Liverpool FC 1-1 FC Basel 1893
• Steven Gerrard's 81st-minute free-kick gave hope to Liverpool, down to ten men after Lazar Marković's red card, but Fabian Frei's opener for Basel got them the draw they required.
Real Madrid CF 4-0 PFC Ludogorets Razgrad
• Ludogorets could have overtaken Liverpool with victory but in the end were no match for holders Madrid, who became the first club to record six victories twice, having done so in 2011/12.
AS Monaco FC 2-0 FC Zenit
• That Monaco duly did, as they not only got the point they needed to eliminate Zenit, but Aymen Abdennour and Fabinho doubled their goals' tally for the season to overhaul Leverkusen for round of 16 seeding. Zenit finish third.
Galatasaray AŞ 1-4 Arsenal FC
• Three early goals set Arsenal on their way to victory but they fell short of the winning margin of six they required to overtake Dortmund for top spot if BVB drew.
Borussia Dortmund 1-1 RSC Anderlecht
• Arsenal's result meant the point was enough for Dortmund to come first despite Aleksandar Mitrović's 84th-minute equaliser for UEFA Europa League-bound Anderlecht.