After a heavy loss to AS Roma, PFC CSKA Moskva coach Leonid Slutski says his team must perform to their "absolute maximum" to compete with FC Bayern München.
Article top media content
• Leonid Slutski insists CSKA must play to their "absolute maximum" to get a result
• CSKA have won their last three games since the 5-1 matchday one loss at AS Roma
• Bayern coach Josep Guardiola says his side are yet to hit top form this season
• Guardiola is not reading too much into CSKA's heavy defeat by Roma
• Bayern beat the Army Men 3-1 in Khimki last season
CSKA: Akinfeev; Fernandes, V Berezutski, Ignashevich, Schennikov; Tošić, Natcho, Eremenko, Milanov; Musa, Doumbia.
• Out: Dzagoev (suspended), Wernbloom (suspended), Cauņa (foot), Elm (stomach), Vitinho (ankle), Panchenko (knee)
Bayern: Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Lahm, Alonso; Robben, Müller, Götze; Lewandowski.
• Out: Schweinsteiger (knee), Thiago Alcántara (knee), Badstuber (left thigh), Martínez (knee), Ribéry (knee)
• Doubtful: Boateng (back)
Leonid Slutski, CSKA coach
Of course, our opponents are supremely talented and it is a difficult situation for us. Last year we lost a few games against Bayern and Manchester City, which hit us hard, and unfortunately we have continued our poor run of form away from home. It's not nice to recognise that there are teams who are just far more talented and at a different level. Our task is to ensure that the team plays to its absolute maximum capacity – but will this be enough? We will only know when the game gets under way.
[Alan] Dzagoev and [Pontus] Wernbloom are suspended, while we also have a number of players out injured. [Seydou] Doumbia is preparing for the game, but I don't know whether he will start or come on as a substitute. It's difficult to compare Tuesday's match with Bayern to last year's encounter. Last time we were very good in the home game. Even though we lost 3-1, we created a lot of chances and could have hoped for better.
Josep Guardiola, Bayern coach
Do last year's victories against CSKA give us more confidence? This is a normal situation, but we know CSKA well enough. All of our players are fit. We have our last training session today and after that we will look at things again, but as I understand it everyone is healthy.
CSKA have a good coach and have almost the same [group of] players who were with them last season. They need to be respected no matter what, despite their result in Rome. They have experienced players like [Sergei] Ignashevich and [Igor] Akinfeev and some very quick players in attack. They are very difficult opponents and we will respect them fully.
At the moment we are still in the process of recovering our form. In the Champions League you need to remember that the level is very high. We need to make sure that we get out of the group as it is very tough.
Form guide (all competitions)
• Bayern have lost one of their eight away games against Russian sides. What was the score and who were the opposition? Find out in our extensive match background.