PFC Ludogorets Razgrad pulled off a historic win against FC Basel 1893 but both coaches agree the rematch will be very different – even if the visitors hope for the same outcome.
Article top media content
• Ludogorets, Liverpool and Basel all on three points in Group B
• Ludogorets's 1-0 win last time out was the first by a Bulgarian side in the group stage
• Basel's Marcelo Díaz available after completing his three-game European ban
• Ludogorets are on a four-match winning run
• Basel returned to the Swiss summit with victory on Saturday
Basel: Vaclík; Degen, Schär, Suchý, Safari; Elneny, Frei, Zuffi; González, Gashi; Embolo.
• Out: Serey Die (suspended), Streller (back), Ivanov (knee)
• Doubtful: Samuel (unknown)
Ludogorets: Stoyanov; Júnior Caiçara, Moţi, Terziev, Angulo; Dyakov, Fábio Espinho; Mihail Aleksandrov, Marcelinho, Abalo; Bezjak.
• Out: Minev (suspended)
Paulo Sousa, Basel coach
The last game hinged on the red card we received on 18 minutes. It helped Ludogorets a lot because it gave them more power in their efficient collective game; it was easier for them to defend and utilise their good counterattacking capabilities.
I am not seeking revenge; I am a positive person looking only to win. It will be a well-balanced game. Ludogorets have learnt a lot and improved, they have really matured over the past year.
I don't know a team that don't have low spells during a season. We have to create and consolidate new dynamics. For us, it is really important that Díaz is back in the team; he offers us something different in the middle of the park, better possession and an interesting versatility.
Georgi Dermendzhiev, Ludogorets coach
This game will be highly tactical; you could say the opposite of the meeting in Sofia on the last matchday. It is clear that Basel must attack and that the first goal will be very important.
We are a very young team, and all our achievements speak for themselves. But the pressure at this level is always very high and we need to play to our very best in order to make our fans proud of their team.
Basel 2-0 Grasshopper Club (Gashi 23, Gonzalez 47)
PFC Marek Dupnitza 0-4 Ludogorets (Abalo 5 84, Marcelinho 27, Bezjak 65)
Form guide (all competitions)
• How many of their last nine UEFA competition home games have Basel lost? Find out in our extensive match background.