FC Barcelona strolled to a six-goal win on a weekend that also smiled on the likes of FC Bayern München and Chelsea FC – but emphatically not on troubled Borussia Dortmund.
Article top media content
FC Barcelona enjoyed another bumper weekend with a 6-0 victory against Granada CF that featured a Neymar hat-trick, the Catalan club returning to winning ways in impressive fashion. The likes of FC Bayern München, Chelsea FC, Juventus and AS Roma continue to shine as well, though there was misery for Borussia Dortmund as they slipped to a derby defeat – as did AS Monaco FC in France.
• Carlos Tévez scored twice in a 3-0 win for Juventus at Atalanta BC to make it five Serie A wins from five.
• Olympiacos FC suffered a first loss of the Greek league season, falling 1-0 at Atromitos FC to be knocked off the summit.
• Club Atlético de Madrid remain two points off the top in Spain, beating Sevilla FC 4-0 to replace the Hispalenses in second.
• Malmö FF strengthened their grip on first place in Sweden as Emil Forsberg's hat-trick helped them to a 4-1 success against Mjällby AIF.
• Steven Gerrard's free-kick gave Liverpool FC the lead in the Merseyside derby, but Everton FC earned a late 1-1 draw.
• Cristiano Ronaldo scored his tenth goal this term as Real Madrid CF downed Villarreal CF 2-0 to go fifth.
• FC Basel 1893 remain top in Switzerland despite conceding an added-time goal against FC Thun in a 1-1 draw.
• Champions PFC Ludogorets Razgrad lost for a second time this season in Bulgaria, succumbing 3-2 at PFC Levski Sofia.
• Beaten 1-0 at home by derby rivals OGC Nice, Monaco dropped to 12th in France.
• FC Zenit surrendered points for the first time this term, a 0-0 draw with FC Spartak Moskva ending their eight-game winning streak.
• Bayer 04 Leverkusen failed to find the net at SC Freiburg but came away with a point as both sides ended with ten men.
• Portuguese leaders SL Benfica made it three wins in a row with a 3-2 success at Estoril Praia, Talisca scoring twice.
• Dortmund endured a third Bundesliga game without a win after falling 2-1 at neighbours FC Schalke 04.
• First-half goals by Aurélien Chedjou and Burak Yılmaz helped Galatasaray AŞ see off Sivasspor 2-1.
• Matías Suárez and Andy Najar found the net as frontrunners RSC Anderlecht defeated SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 in Belgium.
• Arsenal FC drew 1-1 with north London derby rivals Tottenham Hotspur FC thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal.
• AS Roma prevailed 2-0 at previously unbeaten Hellas Verona FC on Francesco Totti's 38th birthday to stay joint top in Italy.
• Undefeated Bayern remain first in the Bundesliga after easing past 1. FC Köln 2-0.
• Manchester City FC went third in England after winning 4-2 at Hull City AFC, Edin Džeko notching a double.
• PFC CSKA Moskva moved up to second in Russia, Seydou Doumbia's late strike sealing a 4-3 triumph at FC Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast.
• Neymar hit a hat-trick and Lionel Messi a double in Liga leaders Barcelona's 6-0 win against Granada.
• Kolbeinn Sigthórsson scored a hat-trick as AFC Ajax made it three wins in a row with a 5-2 success at NAC Breda.
• Paris Saint-Germain remain unbeaten but required a Jean-Christophe Bahebeck goal to rescue a 1-1 draw at Toulouse FC.
• APOEL FC dropped their first points of the season, their perfect four-game opening ended by a 0-0 draw against AEL Limassol FC.
• Chelsea remain three points clear in the Premier League courtesy of a 3-0 success against Aston Villa FC.
• FC Schalke 04 won the 145th Revierderby 2-1 against Dortmund, Joel Matip and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting sealing the points.
• NK Maribor missed the chance to close on leaders NK Domžale in Slovenia, drawing 0-0 at bottom side NK Radomlje.
• Sporting Clube de Portugal had to settle for a 1-1 home draw with FC Porto despite Jonathan Silva heading them in front inside two minutes.
• Naby Sarr's second-half own goal provided Porto with an equaliser in their 1-1 draw at Sporting.
• Athletic Club continue to toil, a 0-0 draw at SD Eibar making it four Liga games without a win.
• FC Shakhtar Donetsk were in cup action on Thursday, fighting back to see off FC Poltava 5-1.
• FC BATE Borisov made it three league draws in a row after Nikolai Signevich's late goal secured a 2-2 result at FC Naftan Novopolotsk.