Resurgent Borussia Dortmund claimed the spoils in the Ruhr derby, while Bayer 04 Leverkusen climbed to fourth after recording only their second league win in seven.
Article top media content
• Borussia Dortmund beat FC Schalke 04 3-0 in 146th Revierderby.
• Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Marco Reus register for hosts.
• Tenth-placed BVB five points clear of bottom three following fourth straight league win.
• Simon Rolfes on target as Bayer 04 Leverkusen win 1-0 at lowly SC Freiburg.
• Rock-bottom VfB Stuttgart – winless in seven – held 1-1 at home by Hannover 96.
• Hertha BSC Berlin climb out of relegation zone with 1-0 defeat of FC Augsburg.
• FC Bayern München had stretched their lead to 11 points on Friday night, beating 1. FC Köln 4-1.
• Hamburger SV just a point and a place off bottom three after 2-1 loss at Eintracht Frankfurt.