Eleven goals, two red cards and no shortage of drama: FC Bayern München and Paris Saint-Germain qualified for the quarter-finals in vastly contrasting fashion on Wednesday.
Article top media content
• Bayern and Paris through to next Friday's quarter-final draw
• Chelsea lose to Paris on away goals after extra time at Stamford Bridge
• Paris striker Zlatan Ibrahimović sent off in opening period
• Bayern beat ten-man Shakhtar 7-0, their joint-highest competition win
• DOWNLOAD OUR PODCAST
Chelsea FC 2-2 Paris Saint-Germain (agg: 3-3, aet, Paris win on away goals)
• Ibrahimović receives straight red card after 31 minutes at Stamford Bridge.
• Cahill's instinctive strike after a corner puts Blues 2-1 up on aggregate.
• David Luiz scores late equaliser against former club to force extra time.
• Hazard converts extra-time penalty, but Thiago Silva header wins it for Paris.
Listen: Chelsea-Paris highlights from our Matchday Live radio show
FC Bayern München 7-0 FC Shakhtar Donetsk (agg: 7-0)
• Olexandr Kucher sent off after three minutes and Thomas Müller scores from ensuing penalty.
• Jérôme Boateng makes it 2-0 after 34 minutes.
• Further goals for Müller, Franck Ribéry, Holger Badstuber, Robert Lewandowski, Mario Götze.
• Thirteenth time a team has notched seven or more in a UEFA Champions League game.
Bayern's seven goals
• Tuesday: Monaco v Arsenal (3-1); Atlético v Leverkusen (0-1)
• Wednesday: Barcelona v Manchester City (2-1); Dortmund v Juventus (1-2)
• The draw will be streamed live on UEFA.com from 12.00CET on Friday 20 March.