Mircea Lucescu has become only the fifth coach to oversee 100 UEFA Champions League games, group stage to final. We crunch the numbers and pick out his finest moments.
Article top media content
Mircea Lucescu has become only the fifth coach in the 23-year history of the UEFA Champions League to oversee 100 games in the competition proper (group stage to final).
The Romanian, 70, gained membership to an exclusive club alongside Sir Alex Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti, Arsène Wenger and José Mourinho as Shakhtar took on Group A rivals Malmö in Sweden on Wednesday.
- UEFA Champions League group stage to final record: W35 D24 L40
- Teams: Shakhtar (65 games), Beşiktaş (6), Galatasaray (26), Internazionale (3)
- Campaigns: 14
- Most frequent opposition: 8 games v Barcelona (W2 D1 L5), 6 games v Roma (W3 D2 L1)
- Longest winning run: 5 games (Shakhtar, 2010/11)
- Longest run of draws: 5 games (Galatasaray, 2001/02)
- Longest losing run: 4 games (Shakhtar, 2007/08)
- Biggest win: 21/10/2014, BATE 0-7 Shakhtar
- Biggest loss: 11/03/2015, Bayern 7-0 Shakhtar
- First match: 09/12/1998, Sturm Graz 0-2 Inter
- Qualifying: Lucescu has also overseen 28 qualifiers, including one tie with Rapid Bucureşti
Lucescu's greatest UEFA Champions League nights
*All statistics in this article are for the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final. Competition qualifying is not included.