Semi-final debutants Manchester City will take on ten-time champions Real Madrid while Atlético Madrid play Bayern München in a repeat of the 1974 final following the Nyon draw.
Article top media content
- Semi-final debutants Manchester City take on ten-time winners Real Madrid
- Atlético Madrid play Bayern München in repeat of 1974 final
- Watch all the highlights from the road to the semi-finals
The contrast will be stark as semi-final debutants Manchester City take on the UEFA Champions League's most successful club, Real Madrid, while Atlético Madrid play Bayern München in a tie that will stir special memories for the German club.
- UEFA Champions League semi-final draw
1 Manchester City (ENG) v Real Madrid (ESP) – 26 April/4 May
2 Atlético Madrid (ESP) v Bayern München (GER) – 27 April/3 May
- UEFA Champions League final draw
Winners of semi-final 1 v Winners of semi-final 2 (28 May, Milan)
- Draw highlights
Manchester City v Real Madrid
• Real Madrid scored two late goals to beat Manchester City on matchday one in 2012/13, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo earning a 3-2 victory.
• The game in Manchester finished 1-1, Sergio Agüero's 73rd-minute penalty cancelling out Karim Benzema's tenth-minute opener.
• City have already beaten Spanish opposition this season, defeating Sevilla 2-1 (home) and 3-1 (away) in the group stage.
• That win in Seville was City's second in Spain, where their record is W2 D1 L6.
• Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last eight games against English clubs, and have won their last three such matches.
• Madrid's record at home to English clubs is W7 D5 L2.
• City are in their first European Cup semi-final, Madrid their 27th. Their record is W13 L13.
Atlético v Bayern
• Atlético and Bayern have met only twice - both in the 1974 European Cup final. The Spanish side were seconds away from taking the trophy before Georg Schwarzenbeck's 120th-minute equaliser gave Bayern a 1-1 draw; two days later, the German club won the replay 4-0 to take the trophy for the first time.
• Atlético are unbeaten in their last five home matches against German clubs (W4 D1) going back to a 1-0 defeat by Borussia Dortmund in the 1996/97 group stage.
• Atlético have lost just one of their last seven games against German clubs.
• Bayern have the first lost in Spain in the semi-finals in each of the last two seasons, going down 1-0 at Real Madrid in 2013/14 (0-5 aggregate) and 3-0 at Barcelona last year (3-5 aggregate).
• The German club have won only two of their last 12 trips to Spain, losing eight.
• Atlético's European Cup semi-final record is W2 L2; Bayern's is W10 L7.