How much do you know about this season's group stage? Test your knowledge, your memory and your skills of recognition in our special edition quiz.
Article top media content
1) Who scored the first goal of the group stage, just 44 seconds into matchday one?
A. Edinson Cavani
B. Lionel Messi
C. Robert Lewandowski
2) Which player got a competition-best four assists in one game on the opening night of the group stage?
A. Mesut Özil
C. Douglas Costa
3) We asked you this back in September – any ideas?
4) Which domestic champions picked up more points (nine) in their first three group games than in the opening eight fixtures of their title defence?
A. Ludogorets Razgrad
B. Bayern München
C. Leicester City
5) Who were the only side to collect maximum points from their first four matches?
A. Atlético Madrid
B. Leicester City
C. Real Madrid
6) How many times, prior to Beşiktaş on matchday five, had a team come from three down in a UEFA Champions League game to claim at least a draw?
7) Who said this and who were they talking about?
8) At the end of the group stage, 95-93 is the scoreline in terms of what exactly?
9) How many group stage goals were there in total? Clue: there were 96 matches ...
10) Which two clubs' matchday five meeting ended 8-4, the highest-scoring fixture in UEFA Champions League history?
11) How many UEFA Champions League hat-tricks has Lionel Messi scored?
12) Can you work out which three players are missing from our Fantasy Football-inspired team of the group stage?