There are few sides Cristiano Ronaldo enjoys facing quite as much as Bayern.
Article top media content
As Bayern and Real Madrid prepare to meet again in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals, the German champions have cause for concern – as UEFA.com's breakdown of the striker's best and worst opponents demonstrates.
• Ronaldo has struck nine times in six games against Bayern München – an average of a goal every 64 minutes and 47 seconds. The only side he has scored more against in Europe is Juventus (10).
• Should he maintain his 1.5 goals-per-game ratio against Bayern, expect the 33-year-old to hit three more over the course of the semi-finals.
• Ronaldo has scored seven in his last three matches against Bayern – including two in each of his last two games in Munich.
• Should the tie go to a shoot-out, Ronaldo may feel he has a score to settle: when Bayern eliminated Madrid in the 2011/12 semi-finals, he was one of two Madrid players to have a penalty saved by Manuel Neuer, along with Kaká.
• With 123 goals in 13,493 minutes of UEFA club competition football, Ronaldo scores at an average rate of a goal every 109 minutes and 41 seconds. However, that rate is considerably higher with Real Madrid (82min 40s per goal) than it was with Sporting CP and Manchester United (290min 30s per goal).
• Ronaldo has played against 50 teams in UEFA competition, scoring against 34. As a Madrid player, he has faced 32 sides in Europe, with only four now having managed to stop him scoring: Barcelona, Dinamo Zagreb, Legia Warszawa and Napoli.
• Barcelona have proved the toughest European nut to crack for Ronaldo: he has yet to score in 450 minutes against Madrid's Liga rivals – 270 with United and 180 with the Merengues.
• The team he has found it easiest to breach are Malmö, with his six goals across 180 UEFA Champions League minutes against the Swedish club constituting a strike every 30 minutes.
• The side Ronaldo has encountered most in Europe are Lyon, whom he has met ten times – 884 minutes in total – scoring four goals.
Who has Ronaldo scored against in UEFA competitions?
• Of Europe's big five footballing nations, Ronaldo has found German club defences most porous, averaging well over a goal a game – 26 strikes in 22 matches. However, while he nets plenty in the Liga, he has struggled with Spanish rearguards in Europe, scoring a goal only every 238 minutes against domestic opponents in UEFA competion.
• He may prefer not to move to Scotland: Ronaldo is yet to score in 352 minutes of UEFA club action against Scottish sides, by far the longest period that clubs from any country have been able to resist him.
Which nations' clubs has Ronaldo scored against?
|Opponents by nationality||Games||Minutes||Goals||Minutes