With San Marino the only side Moldova have beaten at home in recent competitive fixtures, the Moldovans will hope to raise their game for Montenegro's visit.
Article top media content
Moldova will seek inspiration from a celebrated FIFA World Cup qualifying encounter with their guests as they meet Montenegro for a second time in Group G.
• The following players are a yellow card away from a ban: Alexandru Gaţcan, Victor Golovatenco, Serghei Gheorghiev, (Moldova) and Mirko Vučinić (Montenegro).
• Goals from Montenegro's Vučinić and Žarko Tomašević settled a one-sided encounter when these sides faced off in their opening Group G game.
• The teams' only previous meetings were in 2014 World Cup qualifying: Vučinić (78) scored the only goal as Branko Brnović's Montenegro beat Ion Caras's Moldova 1-0 in Chisinau, but Moldova had their revenge in the rematch in Podgorica, winning 5-2. It was the most emphatic competitive away victory in their history and the only time they have hit more than four goals away from home.
• Moldova have lost all three of their Group G home matches to date. Their only victories in their last 12 competitive home fixtures were two wins against San Marino.
• Montenegro are without a win in five qualifying away games (D2 L3) since their last visit to Moldova – that 1-0 win in March 2013.
Trivia and links
• The first three matches between Moldovan and Montenegrin clubs in UEFA competition ended in draws, before Sheriff broke the deadlock in some style in the most recent encounters, winning 5-0, 2-0 and 3-0 in successive games against Sutjeska in 2013/14 and 2014/15 UEFA Champions League qualifying.