Group I giants Portugal have already booked their finals place and are on a run of six qualifying away wins as they take on a Serbia side who will be looking to finish with a victory.
Article top media content
Serbia will strive to record their first competitive victory in Belgrade since September 2011 when they welcome already-qualified Portugal in their final UEFA EURO 2016 Group I game.
• Portugal booked their place in France, as group winners, with a 1-0 home win against Denmark on 8 October. They have won their last six qualifiers.
• Fábio Coentrão scored the winner as Portugal beat Serbia 2-1 in the sides' Group I meeting in Lisbon on 29 March.
• Portugal and Serbia have now met three times since the break-up of Yugoslavia: a pair of 1-1 draws in UEFA EURO 2008 qualification preceding Portugal's springtime victory at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
• Portugal's four encounters with Yugoslavia were close – W2 D0 L2, in addition to a match at the 1928 Olympic Games which the Iberian team edged 2-1.
• To date, both sides have scored in all seven senior contests between Portugal and Yugoslavia/Serbia.
• Serbia ended a two-game wait for a competitive home win when they overcame Armenia 2-0 in their most recent Group I home fixture – in Novi Sad on 4 September.
• Serbia are without a competitive victory in five matches in Belgrade (D2 L3) since a 3-1 dismissal of the Faroe Islands in September 2011.
• Portugal have won their last six away qualifiers since a 3-3 draw in Israel in March 2013.
• The latest booking list is available here: http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/disciplinary-cases/booking-lists/index.html.
Trivia and links
• The game is taking place the day after Portugal coach Fernando Santos turns 61.
• Serbia midfielder Ljubomir Fejsa plays his club football in Portugal with SL Benfica.
• Serbia's Dušan Tadić and Portugal's José Fonte are club-mates at Southampton FC.
• Serbia have had the better of the countries' five matches in UEFA age-group competitions: W2 D3 L0.
• The 21 meetings between clubs from the two nations in UEFA competition have slightly favoured the Portuguese sides: W8 D7 L6.