Luxembourg will look for an improvement on their only previous home result against Ukraine as UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group C reunites the teams.
Article top media content
Having won both of their previous meetings with Luxembourg 3-0, Ukraine will have high hopes of taking three points in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group C.
• Andriy Yarmolenko scored a hat-trick as Ukraine beat Luxembourg 3-0 in Group C last November, in what was the nations' first competitive senior encounter.
• The sides' only previous meeting was another 3-0 away win for Ukraine on 8 June 2006, with Oleh Blokhin's side warming up for the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals. Second-half goals from Andriy Voronin and Andriy Shevchenko – both half-time substitutes – and Maxym Kalynychenko settled the game at Stade Josy Barthel.
• Ukraine have lost only one of their last seven competitive home matches (W5 D1 L1), conceding just twice during that run.
• Luxembourg are without a win in 16 competitive away fixtures (D3 L13) since a 2-1 success against Switzerland in a September 2008 World Cup qualifier.
• Luxembourg have lost all four of their Group C games since starting their campaign with a 1-1 draw at home against Belarus.
Trivia and links
• Luxembourg coach Luc Holtz turns 46 on the day of the Ukraine game.
• Ukraine have won both of their UEFA age-group meetings with Luxembourg, recording a 6-0 victory in the most recent encounter, a UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualifier on 4 November 2012.