Slovakia will look to take another giant step towards UEFA EURO 2016 as they bid to maintain their 100% Group C record at home against FYR Macedonia.
Article top media content
Slovakia will look to maintain their 100% record in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group C as they welcome an FYR Macedonia side in need of a pick-me-up.
• Juraj Kucka and Adam Nemec scored as Slovakia got the better of FYR Macedonia in their first Group C meeting in Skopje back in November.
• Slovakia's record in seven meetings with FYR Macedonia is W5 D2 L0 (W2 D1 L0 at home). FYR Macedonia have yet to take the lead in a game against Slovakia.
• FYR Macedonia's 5-0 home loss to Jozef Adamec's Slovakia on 7 October 2001 matched their worst ever home result in national team football – a 5-0 defeat by Belgium in a 7 June 1995 UEFA European Championship qualifier.
• Slovakia have won all five of their Group C games; England are the only other side that reached the halfway stage in qualifying with a 100% record.
• Slovakia have won their last six international home matches (two qualifiers, four friendlies) since the end of FIFA World Cup qualifying, including a celebrated 2-1 win against European champions Spain. They have conceded just twice in the process.
• FYR Macedonia have lost their last three Group C outings since a 3-2 success against Luxembourg.
• FYR Macedonia are without a win in ten competitive away games (D1 L9) since a 2-0 triumph in Andorra in October 2010.
Trivia and links
• This is FYR Macedonia's first game under new coach Ljubinko Drulović; the Serbian replaced Boshko Djurovski in April.
• Slovakia's record in six UEFA age-group competition games against FYR Macedonia is W5 D1.
• The six meetings between the nations' clubs in UEFA competition offer more encouragement for FYR Macedonia: the Macedonian and Slovakian clubs have both won three apiece.