Bosnia and Herzegovina will do their best to erase their memories of their last encounter with Israel as the sides come together again in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group B.
Article top media content
Bosnia and Herzegovina will look to maintain their positive progress under their new coach as they seek a first senior success against Israel in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group B.
• Gil Vermouth, Omer Damari and Eran Zahavi scored and Toni Šunjić was dismissed for the visitors as Israel beat Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-0 during their first Group B meeting.
• The nations' only previous encounters at senior level had come in 2002 FIFA World Cup qualification. Richard Møller Nielsen's Israel downed Mišo Smajlović's Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-1 in Tel Aviv on 11 October 2000, before a 0-0 draw in Sarajevo on 1 September 2001.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina have won just one of their Group B games to date – 3-0 in Andorra last time out. They have come out on top in only one of their last four competitive home fixtures.
• Israel have not scored – or avoided defeat – in two Group B outings since their last meeting with Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, they have won both of their UEFA EURO 2016 away qualifiers to date, and have lost just once in their last eight competitive encounters on the road.
Trivia and links
• Safet Sušić stepped aside as Bosnia and Herzegovina coach the day after their last match against Israel; his replacement, Mehmed Baždarević, is as yet unbeaten, having earned a 3-0 Group B win in Andorra and a 1-1 friendly draw in Austria.
• Israel have won two and drawn one of the nations' three encounters in UEFA age-group competitions.
• In ten meetings in UEFA club competitions, the record of Israeli sides against Bosnian opponents is W8 D1 L1; FK Borac Banja Luka's 3-2 UEFA Champions League qualifying success against Maccabi Haifa FC on 20 July 2011 is the only men's football victory for a Bosnian team against Israeli counterparts in UEFA competition.