Belgium are unbeaten in 13 qualifying games as they prepare for an eighth encounter with Cyprus, having yet to lose against their Group B rivals.
Article top media content
Belgium will look to maintain their lengthy unbeaten run in qualifying fixtures as they take on Cyprus in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group B.
• Belgium's record in seven games against Cyprus is W6 D1 L0 (W3 D0 L0 at home).
• That lone stalemate came in the sides' last competitive meeting, a 1-1 EURO '96 qualifying draw in Nicosia on 15 November 1995.
• The teams have not met since the turn of the millennium; their most recent encounter was a 1-0 friendly win for Belgium in Limassol on 3 February 1999.
• Belgium are unbeaten in three Group B games (W1 D2) and 13 qualifying matches in total (W9 D4), having made it to the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals by going through qualifying unbeaten.
• Belgium have not conceded more than one goal in 18 competitive outings since a 3-1 loss to Germany in their final UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier.
• Cyprus's record in four Group B contests is W2 D0 L2. Their 5-0 success against Andorra last time out ended a five-game sequence without a competitive home win. It was also matched the margin of their biggest victory of all time – another 5-0 success against Andorra, in 2000.
Trivia and links
• In 14 encounters between these nations in UEFA age-group competitions, the Belgian side has won 12 times and drawn the other two matches. Most recently, Belgium beat Cyprus 2-0 at home and 6-0 away in qualifying for this summer's UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
• Cyprus midfielder Stathis Aloneftis turns 32 the day after the Belgium game.
• In their 5-0 win against Andorra, George Efrem became the first player to score a hat-trick for Cyprus.