Serbia remain unbeaten in four games against Armenia, including two home wins – reassuring statistics with the two sides eager to avoid finishing bottom of Group I.
Article top media content
Serbia and Armenia are looking to avoid finishing bottom of Group I as they meet for the second time in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying.
• Robert Arzumanyan headed Armenia in front and Marcos Pizzelli had a penalty saved before Zoran Tošić equalised in the last minute of the sides' first Group I encounter back in October 2014.
• Serbia remain unbeaten in four games against Armenia (W2 D2 L0). They have won both of their previous home games against Armenia, scoring five goals and conceding none.
• Serbia left-back Aleksandar Kolarov is a yellow card away from a suspension.
• Armenia duo Robert Arzumanyan and Artak Edigaryan are both a booking away from a one-game ban.
• Serbia are the only team in qualifying who have no chance to reach the final tournament. On -2 points, they are 12 adrift of Denmark and Albania – the sides placed third and second – with only three Group I games to play.
• Armenia earned their only Group I point to date in their previous game against Serbia. They have not won in their last six competitive games (D2 L4).
• Armenia are without a win in their last four competitive away games (D1 L3) since a 2-1 success in the Czech Republic on 6 September 2013.
Trivia and links
• Armenia's Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Serbia's Miloš Jojić were club-mates at Borussia Dortmund for 18 months until the former left for Köln this summer.
• Armenian and Serbian club sides have met in four UEFA club competition matches, with the Serbian sides having the better of them – W2 D2 L0 (W1 D1 L0 at home, W1 D1 L0 in Armenia). Most recently, FK Partizan eliminated FC Shirak on away goals in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round after two draws – 1-1 in Gyumri, 0-0 in Belgrade.
• In the 16 games between Serbian and Armenian sides – including club games, youth games, and senior national team matches – the Armenian team has yet to record a victory (D5 L11).