FYR Macedonia had a tough start in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group C, but will hope for a more profitable evening when they welcome Luxembourg.
• The nations have met twice in friendlies. FYR Macedonia won 4-1 in Luxembourg in 2008, but were beaten 2-1 when they returned in February 2012, Maurice Deville scoring his first two goals for his country either side of Ferhan Hasani's first for FYR Macedonia. Current coach Luc Holtz was also in charge of Luxembourg for that match.
• Luxembourg defender Tom Schnell turns 29 on the eve of the forthcoming fixture.
• In six meetings between the nations' clubs in UEFA competition, the FYR Macedonia sides have the record W4 D2 L0.
• In UEFA age-group tournaments, the countries have met five times, with FYR Macedonia winning three games to Luxembourg's two. Most recently, the FYR Macedonia Under-19s beat Luxembourg 1-0 in October 2012.
• FYR Macedonia kicked off their Group C campaign with a 5-1 defeat in Spain, while Luxembourg held Belarus to a 1-1 draw at Stade Josy Barthel.
• Luxembourg are without a win in 14 competitive away games (D3 L11) since a 2-1 win in Switzerland in a September 2008 FIFA World Cup qualifier. They have lost their last six UEFA European Championship ties on the road since a 1-0 win in Belarus in October 2007.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.