Despite a 2-0 home loss to Northern Ireland last time out, Greece can look ahead to their meeting with the Faroe Islands with a degree of confidence, all eight of the nations' previous meetings in men's national team competitions having ended in Greek wins.
• Greece won both of the nations' previous meetings – 5-1 away and 5-0 at home bookending their EURO '96 qualifying campaign.
• In the first of those encounters, on 7 September 1994, Jan Allan Müller (88) belatedly struck back for Allan Simonsen's Faroe Islands side after Konstantinos Polychroniou's team had taken a 5-0 lead through Dimitris Saravakos (11), Panagiotis Tsalouchidis (17 and 86) and Alexios Alexandris (54 and 61).
• There was to be no consolation goal in Heraklion on 15 November 1995, however, with Alexandris (59), Themistoklis Nikolaidis (62), Nikos Machlas (66), Giorgos Donis (76) and Vasilios Tsiartas (80) all on target.
• Greece have won all six of the nations' meetings in UEFA men's age-limit competitions without conceding, averaging three goals a game at the other end.
• The only previous encounter between the nations' clubs came in the 1997 UEFA Intertoto Cup group stage, Panahaiki FC recording a 4-2 home win against B36 Tórshavn.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.