FYR Macedonia will look to extend their two-point lead over Belarus in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group C as the sides meet for the first time in Skopje.
• The nations are crossing paths for the first time in a competitive fixture.
• Belarus have had the better of the nations' three encounters in UEFA age-group competitions – W2 D1.
• FYR Macedonia have alternated losses and victories in their last seven competitive home games (LWLWLWL); if this pattern is to continue, they are due a win against Belarus.
• Belarus are without a triumph in eight competitive internationals since a 2-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying home success against Georgia on 16 October 2012.
• Belarus's last competitive away success was a sensational 1-0 defeat of France in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier on 3 September 2010. Their subsequent ten competitive away games have ended D3 L7.
Trivia and links
• The record of Belarusian clubs against their Macedonian counterparts in UEFA competition is W5 D2 L1. That lone Macedonian win was in the most recent of those encounters, KF Renova triumphing 1-0 at FC Gomel in the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League second qualifying round.
• Belarus midfielder Sergei Kislyak could make his 50th international appearance in this match.
• Both nations are playing their 53rd UEFA European Championship qualifying game; both have won 11 of their 52 EURO fixtures to date, though FYR Macedonia have earned 13 draws to Belarus's 11.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.