Montenegro and Russia are coming together for the first time in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group G, with both sides eager to get back to winning ways.
• The nations are meeting for the first time at senior level.
• Montenegrin and Russian sides have met in two UEFA age-group competition games. Russia won both fixtures – UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualifiers in 2012 and 2014 – without conceding.
• Montenegro are without a victory in three Group G matches (D2 L1) since opening their campaign with a 2-0 home success against Moldova. That remains Montenegro's only win in their last five competitive home fixtures.
• Russia have been on an identical barren run in the section (D2 L1) since starting off with a 4-0 triumph against Liechtenstein.
• That win against Liechtenstein was the only occasion in seven competitive fixtures in 2014 when Russia scored more than one goal in a match – their other six games produced four 1-1 draws and two 1-0 defeats.
Trivia and links
• This will be Russia's 300th competitive fixture – including games as the Soviet Union. Their 299 UEFA European Championship and FIFA World Cup matches to date have ended W170 D66 L63.
• Montenegro goalkeeper Mladen Božović (FC Khimik Dzerzhinsk), and midfielders Vladimir Božović (FC Mordovia Saransk) and Mladen Kašćelan (FC Arsenal Tula), all play club football in Russia.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.