Cyprus recorded an unexpected result in their first meeting with Bosnia and Herzegovina and another victory could give them the play-off place in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group B.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina moved up to third place by beating Wales 2-0 on 10 October, when Cyprus won 2-1 in Israel. The Dragons will secure a play-off ticket if they prevail in Cyprus. A draw would also clinch third place for Bosnia and Herzegovina should Israel, a point behind, fail to win in Belgium.
• Cyprus, however, will leapfrog their opponents to claim the play-off place if they win and Israel do not.
• Dimitris Christofi struck twice after Vedad Ibišević opened the scoring as Cyprus posted a shock 2-1 victory in Bosnia and Herzegovina on 9 September 2014. It was the nations' first senior meeting.
• Cyprus have won only one of their last eight competitive home fixtures (W1 D2 L5) – a 5-0 success against Andorra in November 2014.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina's only away triumph in four Group B games (W1 D1 L2) came in Andorra – 3-0 in March this year.
• The latest booking list is available here: http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/disciplinary-cases/booking-lists/index.html.
Trivia and links
• Bosnia and Herzegovina midfielder Semir Štilić plays in Cyprus for APOEL FC, who play their home games at the GSP Stadium.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina have taken on Cyprus in three UEFA age-group games, with the record W1 D0 L2. Most recently, the nations were drawn together in 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying.
• The nations' clubs have met in six European games, with the Bosnian sides' record W5 D1 L0 (W3 D0 L0 at home – W2 D1 L0 away).
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.