Ukraine can feel confident as they take on UEFA EURO 2016 Group C opponents Northern Ireland for a fifth time.
• Ukraine's record in four games against Northern Ireland is W2 D2.
• Both previous UEFA European Championship matches between the countries – in qualification for the 2004 tournament – ended goalless.
• In the teams' only other meetings, Ukraine did the double over Northern Ireland in 1998 FIFA World Cup qualifying. The winning goals came from Serhiy Rebrov in Belfast (1-0) and Andriy Shevchenko in Kyiv (2-1).
• Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill came off the bench in that first game against Ukraine.
• Iain Dowie's strike 14 minutes into the return fixture remains the only Northern Irish goal in four games against Ukraine.
EURO facts – Ukraine
• Ukraine are featuring at their second EURO. They co-hosted UEFA EURO 2012 but qualified this time round via a play-off success against Slovenia.
• Ukraine's biggest international success to date is making it to the quarter-finals of their only World Cup, in Germany in 2006.
• Two Ukrainian clubs have played at the Stade de Gerland, with both losing 1-0 to Lyon – Dynamo Kyiv in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group stage and Chornomorets Odesa in the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League round of 32.
EURO facts – Northern Ireland
• Northern Ireland are competing at their first EURO. They have not played at a major final tournament since bowing out of the 1986 World Cup at the group stage.
• Northern Ireland's greatest achievement to date is reaching the last eight of the 1958 World Cup finals, where they lost 4-0 to France in Norrkoping, Sweden.
Coach and player links
• The Ukrainian side has won all eight meetings between the nations' clubs in UEFA competition. Most recently, Vorksla Poltava defeated Glentoran 5-0 in 2011/12 UEFA Europa League qualifying.
• Northern Ireland captain Steven Davis and Ukraine counterpart Anatoliy Tymoshchuk met in the 2008 UEFA Cup final in Manchester, when Tymoshchuk's Zenit side overcame Davis's Rangers 2-0.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.