Hungary are on a five-game winning streak against Iceland, whose coach Lars Lagerbäck has a positive record against his side's UEFA EURO 2016 Group F opponents.
• Iceland's record in ten matches against Hungary is W3 D0 L7.
• The nations have met six times in qualifying tournaments, Iceland winning the first three games and Hungary the last three.
• The only meeting during the past decade, a Budapest friendly in August 2011, resulted in a resounding 4-0 victory for Hungary. Current skipper Balázs Dzsudzsák was among the scorers.
EURO facts – Iceland
• This is Iceland's first time at a major final tournament. They are one of two sides making their major finals debut at UEFA EURO 2016, along with Albania.
• With a population of 330,000, Iceland is the smallest nation to have appeared at any major final tournament; with around 10 million citizens, Hungary's population is around 30 times that of Iceland.
• Icelandic clubs have played five games in France in UEFA competition, losing all five of them by an aggregate score of 17-2.
EURO facts – Hungary
• This is Hungary's first EURO finals since 1972 and their first major final tournament since 1986. Only four countries competed at the two EURO final tournaments they reached – in 1964 and 1972.
• Hungary reached the final of the 1938 and 1954 World Cups, losing to Italy (in France) and West Germany respectively.
• Hungary made it to the finals after winning both legs of their play-off against Norway.
• In their only previous fixture in Marseille, Hungary lost 4-1 to Czechoslovakia in a December 1969 World Cup play-off.
Coach and player links
• Iceland midfielder Rúnar Már Sigurjónsson turns 26 on the day of the match.
• The game is taking place the day after Hungary midfielder Ádám Nagy's 21st birthday.
• Iceland goalkeeper Ögmundur Kristinsson (27) and defender Ragnar Sigurdsson (30) celebrate birthdays the day after this encounter.
• In 2010 World Cup qualifying, Lagerbäck's Sweden prevailed 2-1 against Hungary home and away.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.