UEFA.com works better on other browsers
As of 25 January, UEFA.com will no longer support Internet Explorer.
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Standard raised by De Camargo

Central East round-up:FK Austria Wien and SK Rapid Wien won through to the first round on a good night for R. Standard de Liège and Ivan De Camargo.

R. Standard de Liège 1-0 UN Käerjéng 97 (agg: 4-0)

SV Mattersburg 0-4 FC Basel 1893 (agg: 1-6)
If their 2-1 first-leg win in Switzerland suggested that Basel were too strong for Mattersburg then the 4-0 success in Austria rubber-stamped the notion. The home side's night got off to a bad start when Michael Mörz failed with a spot-kick after eleven minutes and from then on matters worsened for the hosts. Felipe Caicedo opened the scoring after 21 minutes, and with Ivan Ergić (36) and Marco Streller (41) adding further goals the tie was effectively over before half-time. After the break Carlitos converted Koji Nakata's cross (52) to complete a comprehensive victory.

FK Jablonec 97 1-1 FK Austria Wien (agg: 4-5)
The Czech side missed out on the chance to make a first appearance in a UEFA club competition proper in nine years when they could only draw with Austria at the Strelnice Stadium, going out 5-4 on aggregate. With a slender advantage from the first leg at home, the visitors increased their lead six minutes before the interval when Yüksel Saryiar embarked on a fine solo run before firing in from long range. Milenko Ačimovič then hit the crossbar but despite substitute Emil Rilke's late goal for Jablonec, the visitors held on.

FC Sion 3-0 SV Ried (agg: 4-1)
The second Austro-Swiss match-up of the night also went Switzerland's way as Sion followed in Basel's footsteps with an assured victory against Ried. Although it could have gone either way in the early stages, Sion steadily imposed their authority on the game and scored three goals in quick succession within seven minutes. Zbigniew Zakrzewski brushed past two markers to supply Goran Obradović for the opener (40), Zakrzewski scored from the edge of the penalty area four minutes later and Sion settled matters directly after the interval, when Alvaro José Dominguez headed in from close range.

SK Rapid Wien 5-0 FC Dinamo Tbilisi (agg: 8-0)
Like their city neighbours Austria, Rapid made it through to the first round but did so with comparative ease as they routed Dinamo Tbilisi 5-0 in Vienna. Rapid took a 1-0 half-time lead after Mario Bazina opned the scoring on the half-hour. After fine work by Steffen Hoffman, Mate Bilic made it 2-0 before Hoffman himself struck first on the hour. Veli Kavlak netted the fourth goal of the night on 71 minutes before Hoffman rounded off a fine captain's performance with a penalty 13 minutes from time. Dinamo Tbilisi's Mikheil Khutsishvili then missed from the spot in added time to add insult to injury for the visitors.

FC Zenit St. Petersburg 3-0 FC ViOn Zlaté Moravce (agg: 5-0)

Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski 2-0 FC Tobol Kostanay (agg: 3-0)
Adrian Sikora struck twice in the opening 20 minutes as the Polish team wasted no time in taking the tie away from Tobol. Barely five minutes had gone when the 27-year-old broke the deadlock after good work from Radosław Majewski and he was on target again midway through the half, sweeping the ball in after being put through by Filip Ivanovski. It was the cue for Jacek Ziellnski's side to slow the tempo and they were rarely troubled as they eased through.

GKS Belchatów 2-4 FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (agg: 3-5)
The visitors advanced thanks to a thrilling away win in Poland, which saw all six goals come before half-time. Although Dnipro took the lead on seven minutes thanks to Konstyantyn Kravchenko the Ukrainian outfit had to recover a 2-1 deficit after a Maciej Stolarczyk penalty (10) and David Nowak's strike (21) gave the hosts a 3-2 aggregate lead. Dnipro soon hit back, though, with a three-goal burst from Oleh Shelayev (32), Sergei Samodin (33) and Sergei Kornilenko (39) to put the tie beyond Belchatów's reach.

FC Artmedia Petržalka 2-0 FC MIKA (agg: 3-2)
Artmedia had Branislav Obžera to thank as they ended the hopes of MIKA in Senec. The Slovakian side trailed 2-1 after the first leg in Armenia a fortnight ago but two goals from Obžera secureda place in Friday's first round draw. The midfielder, a day after his 26th birthday, scored the opener on the counterattack after five minutes before adding another on 71 after a Ján Kozák shot had fallen into his path.