While hosts FC Timişoara will attempt to pick up their first win at home in European competition on Matchday 2, visitors NK Dinamo Zagreb travel looking to maintain a 100 per cent record in Romania.
Article top media content
After a 0-0 UEFA Europa League Group A draw at AFC Ajax on Matchday 1, FC Timişoara will look to keep the momentum going as they host an NK Dinamo Zagreb side that went down 2-0 at home to RSC Anderlecht.
• Timişoara have never faced Croatian opponents, but this is Dinamo's fourth visit to Romania. They have won all three of their previous games on Romanian soil – two against FC Steaua Bucureşti and one at ASA Târgu-Mures.
• Timişoara have never played in the group stage of a UEFA club competition, nor did FC Politehnica Timişoara, the previous big club in the Romanian city. Dinamo appeared in the UEFA Cup group stage on three occasions, but never qualified for the round of 32.
• Timişoara are still waiting for their first home win in UEFA club competition, with a draw and two defeats in their three home ties to date.
• Dinamo have not won in seven European away games since beating NK Domžale 3-0 in the 2008/09 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round (30/07/08).
• Ioan Ovidiu Sabău, a former Romania midfielder, is in his first season as Timişoara coach. As a player he won Romanian titles with FC Dinamo 1948 Bucureşti and FC Rapid Bucureşti and played abroad with Feyenoord (winning two Dutch Cups), Brescia Calcio and AC Reggiana.
• Dinamo coach Krunoslav Jurčić is also a former international midfielder, winning 21 caps for Croatia. He spent much of his career with Dinamo but also played abroad for Belgian side KSK Beveren, and in Italy for Torino FC and UC Sampdoria.
• Timişoara's Dan Păltinişanu Stadium is named in honour of a Bucharest-born defender who played for Poli Timişoara for a decade (1973-83). He died on 4 March 1995 at the age of 43.
• Croatia and Romania have met in three friendly games, all of them in Romania, drawing 2-2 in 1942 before the visitors won in 2002 (1-0 at the Dan Păltinişanu Stadium) and in February 2009 (2-1).
• Timişoara host Anderlecht on Matchday 3, while Dinamo visit Ajax on the same night, 22 October.