Fenerbahçe's match winner, Manchester United's salvation and Dortmund's two-goal hero make the cut – tell us whether you agree with our selection using #UEL.
Article top media content
- Goalkeeper: David de Gea (Manchester United)
The Spaniard saved superbly at the far post from Coutinho. Liverpool would have won by more but for the excellence of the in-form United No1.
- Defender: Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool)
The right-back impressed throughout, surged into the box to win a 20th-minute spot kick and saw a powerful drive saved well after the break.
- Defender: Olexandr Kucher (Shakhtar)
Kucher met Darijo Srna's cross to register his first goal in European competition on his 76th outing.
- Defender: Víctor Ruiz (Villarreal)
An assured presence at the heart of the defence, the 27-year-old helped Villarreal keep a fifth consecutive clean sheet at home in Europe.
- Midfielder: Coutinho (Liverpool)
Philippe Coutinho helped provide the spark in Liverpool's victory. Nobody asked more questions of De Gea than the little Brazilian livewire.
- Midfielder: Mehmet Topal (Fenerbahçe)
The defensive midfielder, who sealed progress last time out, once again came to the fore with a goal when Fenerbahçe needed him most.
- Midfielder: Raúl García (Athletic)
Still an influential presence in the Athletic midfield, the 29-year-old headed the only goal as the Bilbao side got the better of Liga rivals Valencia.
- Midfielder: Martin Frýdek (Sparta Praha)
Frýdek's angled half-volley against Lazio may yet prove to be the best strike of the round.
- Forward: Marco Reus (Dortmund)
Reus once again underlined his importance to Thomas Tuchel's side with a brilliant second-half double – emphatically finished – against Spurs.
- Forward: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Dortmund)
Aubameyang opened the scoring with an excellent header and proved too much for Tottenham's Kevin Wimmer and Toby Alderweireld to handle.
- Forward: Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht)
Injecting pace into Anderlecht's attack, Acheampong scored the away goal at Shakhtar, his third strike in two European outings.