The last 11 places in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 will be decided on Thursday with 22 teams in contention: we explain who is through and how the rest can join them.
Article top media content
- Won group: Ajax, Roma, Schalke, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sparta Praha, Zenit
- Also through: Anderlecht, APOEL, Athletic, Genk, Krasnodar, Olympiacos, Saint-Étienne
- Could go through on 8 December: Astra Giurgiu, Austria Wien, AZ Alkmaar, Braga, Celta Vigo, Dundalk, Fenerbahçe, Feyenoord, Fiorentina, Gent, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Manchester United, Osmanlıspor, PAOK, Qarabağ, Slovan Liberec, Southampton, Standard Liège, Steaua Bucureşti , Villarreal, Zürich
- Transferring from UEFA Champions League: Beşiktaş, København, Legia, Ludogorets, Lyon, Mönchengladbach, Rostov, Tottenham
- Out: Astana, Gabala, Internazionale Milan, Konyaspor, Mainz, Nice, Panathinaikos, Rapid Wien, Salzburg, Sassuolo, Viktoria Plzeň, Young Boys, Zorya Luhansk
- Full standings
- Fixture list: Thursday
- Round of 32 draw streamed live at 13:00CET on Monday
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations.
- Fenerbahçe won 1-0 at home to Feyenoord and will be through with a point; they can also lose and qualify on head-to-head.
- Manchester United will be through with a draw regardless of the other result.
- Due to their defeat in Istanbul, Feyenoord need a two-goal victory to be assured of qualifying on head-to-head. A one-goal win would only be good enough for Feyenoord if United lose.
- Zorya will finish fourth.
- APOEL are through and will clinch first place with a draw.
- Olympiacos are also through thanks to their head-to-head advantages over both Young Boys and Astana, and will clinch first place with a win.
- Young Boys and Astana are out.
- Anderlecht are through and will clinch first place with a draw.
- St-Étienne are also through thanks to their away goals head-to-head advantage over Mainz, and will clinch first place with a win.
- Mainz and Gabala are out.
- Zenit have won the group.
- AZ are through if they win, if they draw and the other game is also drawn, or if they lose and the other game ends 0-0.
- Dundalk are through if they win and AZ do not, or if they have a score draw and AZ lose.
- Maccabi are through if they win and AZ do not.
- Roma have won the group.
- Astra are through if they win, or if Austria fail to win
- Austria are through if they win and Astra fail to win (Austria have an away goals head-to-head advantage over Astra if they end level on points).
- Plzeň are out.
- Athletic and Genk are through. Genk have an away goals head-to-head advantage so will finish top if they are level on points with Athletic.
- Rapid and Sassuolo are out.
21:05CET kick-offs (except Groups H, J and L at 17:00CET)
- Ajax have won the group.
- If Celta and Standard end level on points they will have an equal head-to-head record and therefore be split on overall goal difference, then goals scored. Standard currently have a +2 goal difference to Celta's +1, through Celta have scored one more goal. See Article 16 of the regulations for further criteria if this is also equal.
- Panathinaikos are out.
- Shakhtar have won the group.
- Braga are through with a victory or if Gent fail to win (Braga have an away goals head-to-head advantage over Gent).
- Gent are through if they win and Braga do not.
- Konyaspor are out.
- Schalke have won the group.
- Krasnodar are through in second as they have a head-to-head advantage over Salzburg.
- Salzburg and Nice are out.
- Fiorentina are definitely through unless they lose and PAOK win, in which case it would then come down to a three-way head-to-head. In this scenario, the outcome would depend on the goals scored in the game between the Viola and Qarabağ.
- Qarabağ are through with a win, or a draw if PAOK do not win (Qarabağ have a head-to-head advantage over PAOK). Also if PAOK do not win, Qarabağ can only top the group if they win 4-0 or by margin of five goals or more.
- PAOK must pick up more points than Qarabağ (who have the head-to-head advantage over the Greek side), or win and hope Fiorentina lose a margin of six goals or more.
- Liberec are through if they win and Qarabağ lose as Slovan would top the three-way tie-break for second place.
- Sparta have won the group.
- Southampton and Hapoel drew 0-0 in their first game so Hapoel will go through with a win or score draw. If it finishes 0-0, Southampton will be through on overall goal difference.
- Inter are out.
- Osmanlıspor are through with a draw, or if the other game is drawn (Osmanlıspor would top any three-way tie involving Villarreal and Steaua).
- Zürich are through with a win.
- Villarreal are through with a win, or a draw if Zürich fail to win (Villarreal would top any three-way tie involving Zürich and Steaua).
- Steaua are through with a win, or a draw other than 0-0 and 1-1 if Zürich lose.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.